Tuesday, October 16, 2012

aggiornamento

"update"

current events of the last two days:

-Was stopped by Franco at the gate yesterday morning, who invited me into the guardshack to make me some coffee, ask me if I knew J.R., show me a picture of himself in his prime, try to set me up with his son, point out where his family is from on a map, tell me he was going to make me some homemade picante (should be interesting) (did i mention he has a GARDEN next to the guardshack???), and implore me to sing.  Naturally, I obliged.  Who wouldn't want to sing The Beatles for 4 Italian guards accompanied by a Napoleon on the guitar?  Not this gal.  Here comes the sun, doot un doo doo...

-Explained the concept of "it's 5 o'clock somewhere" to an Italian girl in my office, Claudia.  She gets it.

-Learned what to yell at cars when they are driving too slow: "Le frecce sono solo per gli indiani!" which means, "arrows (turn signals) are only for the indians!"

-Came home to the hotel, saw Gianni, said "Gianni, you're always here!" and he said, "Si, I am furnitures!"  -How cute is that!?

-Posed at il Duomo di Milano.

-Charmed my way around Italian beaurocracy.

-Bought $120 worth of napkin rings.  ITALIAN napkin rings.

Milano...what a wonderful city - it's metropolitan but not overwhelming.  People are actually friendly when you attempt to speak a little Italian and are eager to help you learn.  There's a laid-back, easy-going, no-rush kind of vibe that is usually absent in such a big city. 

Pictures coming soon, as requested.

Shout out to my blog readers in Australia!  G'day, mates!

Ciao ciao! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment