Monday, March 29, 2010

currently kickin' it with my kindred. today has been a very blessed day- my Father was faithful to put people in my life with hearts like mine when i asked Him for them. i read this in my quiet time this morning -- "may those who fear the Lord rejoice when they see me, those who understand your statutes" (psalm 119:79). that's when you know you have a good friend.

i love friends that you can share your quirks with, that totally get it. like you have the same heart, and appreciate the same obscurities that other people may not see the beauty in. one that you have no doubt will be forever loyal to you; they restore your faith in humanity and soothe the wounds of betrayals past. someone you respect for their sweetness and their free spirit. you can go on adventures with them, or do absolutely nothing, and both are fun. and comfortable. and wonderful! and they tell you that you have cute feet and anxious toes. friends who, when someone else has made you feel small by criticizing you for something that is so essential to who you are, affirm and encourage you, and tell you that that thing about you is part of what makes you so beautiful. and they lift you up, and you know that it's authentic, and that they are your champion. and you loved them from the first day that you met them, and you knew that you would be great friends. and you are.

1 comment:

  1. wow..you continue to bless me brynn! I can't believe I got wrote about on your blog! thanks for loving me:) youre the first friend who's ever wrote about me on their blog....CHECK!

    ReplyDelete